Memory Map Belgium??

TJ101

Have a couple of rallies and the National to do in Belgium this year,

Is there a mapping system which can be tagged ?? on to UK Memory map ??

doing a search, but thought I would ask the experts first :)

any help greatly received

Have a couple of rallies and the National to do in Belgium this year,

Is there a mapping system which can be tagged ?? on to UK Memory map ??

doing a search, but thought I would ask the experts first :)

any help greatly received

1 : 50000 is on the market from garmin. not sure if you could run it with Memory map. But when you are using the http://www.ttqv.com/main.php?sprache=2 then you can run the Garmin in that software program

my Garmin europe CD goes down to post code level, and has a fair few tracks and lanes in the uk marked on it, you can also get a position in loads of different formats, so it would compliment paper maps quite well...

Garmin GPS V delux, can be found on the 'bay for around £150 with a europe CD....

As I undertstand it, Memory Map is Ornance Survey based.

You can only get OS Maps of the UK and outer lying colonies, such as India or Kenya, or anywhere else our army had time to wonder around mapping in fine detail to enable accurate calculations for artillery bombardments.

Although we won a few battles there, I don't think we were in Belgium or Spain long enough to map it. ^_^

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, :lol:

Like Tom Tom ………. ViaMichelin is good for those counties…… it covers,

Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom

and is good for,

PDAs

palmOne? Zire 31, 72, Tungsten E, TE2, T3, T5, Treo 650, TX

Palm OS« 5.X

2.5 MB of disk space required (depending on SD card size) for TX, T5, TE2 & Treo 650, and 10 MB for all other PDAs.

Pocket PC« colour (a minimum of 256 colours)

Microsoft« Pocket PC« 2003 or 2003 SE, Windows Mobile 5.0

HP rx1950, rz1710, hx2110, rz1750, h6340, hx4700, hx2410, rx3715, hw6515

Dell X50

Qtek 9090, S100

Acer n35, n50

10 MB of disk space

For PCs*:

- PC Pentium? 200 Mhz or later

- a CD-ROM drive

- Windows« 98 SE, 2000 or XP operating systems

- minimum of 128 MB RAM

- 300 MB free memory available on the hard drive.

The GPS function requires an NMEA 2.0 compatible GPS module, based on Datum WGS84.

2.28gig….. and is available if you have the technology and know where to look …. :rolleyes::lol:

Ian

Just be careful in Belgium. Going off road or greenlaning is not allowed unless it is organised and the organisation has a licence. If they get you doing off road in forested areas, or rural areas, they have the right to impound your car.

And the 'I am British, I did not know' does not work. Very strict.

Just over the border to France and the rules are a complete reverse...

Thanks Guys,, well confirms my searching re memory map !! :( shame,,

Using Tom-Tom on the PDA, as well as MM, and MM on the laptop, and was trying to find a similar mapping system to use on the laptop to cover Belgium etc ! and not necessary a route finding one, but looks as thought that's all available !!

Look like TomTom only run Pda/Mobile systems, and not PC based programs, where as the ViaMichelin do?

anyone use this program ??

Or shall I upgrade the TomTom, on the PDA

Ian,,?? being a computer numpty (ask GBMUD), you have lost me re the "2.28gig….. and is available if you have the technology and know where to look …. " bit ?? :unsure:

Memory Map now has maps to cover the whole of France down to 1:25ooo scale. other countries will be coming on-line soon, it's just a question of getting licence agreements with the various countries equivalent of OS.