BRITPART - The good bits?

Maverik

Ok, controversial topic I know, but Britpart can’t all be bad?? what have people got installed/used that hasn’t had a problem?

Please don't take this post as a place to whinge about unreliable, poor quality parts. I'm trying to take the glass is half fill perspective here!

Cheers

Mav

Ok, controversial topic I know, but Britpart can’t all be bad?? what have people got installed/used that hasn’t had a problem?

Please don't take this post as a place to whinge about unreliable, poor quality parts. I'm trying to take the glass is half fill perspective here!

Cheers

Mav

Lovely blue cardboard boxes in a range of handy sizes ...

Wouldnt use anything safety critical from them. Brakes are hi on that list!

Surely they cannot sell brakes that are unreliable, I hate the safety conscious UK but, with it all legislated.... SURELY they can't get away with that.... SURELY?

Std wheel nuts for steel wheels look ok, but I haven't got round to fitting my spare set of wheels yet....

Nylon bushes and clips for diff-lock linkage seem ok.

TDi wiper arms were returned - locking clips on the spline end didn't, and fell out.

Wouldnt use anything safety critical from them. Brakes are hi on that list!

rear caliper purchased:

it was shocking quality

I returned it and got genuine

the casting was shoddy and I chose to pay double for genuine.

Well so far the wheel nuts for my disco steels have been good. I even have stub axles on the back from britpart (before I saw the light). However tho they werent maybe the nicest of machined parts the surfaces seemed ok and touch wood they have done about 8,000 miles and I havent had any issues with the back axle at all unlike defender britpart water pumps but thats another story....

So bottom line is they need to look at what they do sell that is good albeit from this thread (not much) and up their game as the market is there and just needs good quality and reasonable prices

I don't want cheap as chips just a fair price for a fair product.

So bottom line is they need to look at what they do sell that is good albeit from this thread (not much) and up their game as the market is there and just needs good quality and reasonable prices

I don't want cheap as chips just a fair price for a fair product.

Thats why my list is so short! Clutch m/c, belts, alternator, wheel brgs - the list goes on but I normally specify non-britpart at my local indipendant.

I'm surprised that no one from the co. hasn't responded after all the criticism!

i would probably use there crank seals :lol:

I bought a Britpart 300 Tdi rear crank seal, pulled the engine out, fitted the seal, replaced the engine and the bloody thing leaked worse than the one I had taken out !! :(

The next morning (the day of a forum trip to Wales) and after my night shift, I had to pull the engine out again and fit a genuine one that Stu had managed to find whilst roaming around in his AA van :)

Over the last couple of years I've come to the conclusion that Britpart are even more carp than the old "county" brand carp. At least County never pretended they made good bits ;)

Mo