Thoughts on a new chassis

Having been mega bisy with work latley i have not touched my truck for a while but am about to kick off with it again and have been thinking about the chassis,

After spending so much time chopping and changing it that i now think i may have wasted my time as just building a new chassis would be more practical as i need to do so much more work to it that i thought it would be the easy way,

Making a new box type chassis is no prob as i can just laser the sides and weld it all up but i have thought about a tubular type as i can get more clearance this way and it would poss be lighter weight, Has anyone any experience with this type of chassis, obviously i will need to do a bit of working out on it but if it is built strong it should hold up fine,

Carl.

im assuming you have seen the rest of it but if not, it has this

IMGP2865.jpg

attatched to the top of it,

in the with it just as a bare chassis it is all tacked together with cross tubes in place to keep the spacing correct etc whilst we put the space frame on top,the winch trays & A frame crossmember all become a structural part of the frame as much as the rest of it,