transfer box poorly?

Hi all,

have pulled the front oil seal out of the transfer box this morning to cure an oil leak - no big deal, but when I engaged diff-lock it would only lock the box in one direction!

I removed the drive flange by making up a locking tool so no stress there, but I'm concerned about the stae of the T-box now. I removed the linkage from the lever in the cab and have had a ferttle under the truck - and it seems to lock up when you tun the drive flange by hand, but when you get a bar on it it spins freely! I casn hear things clicking as if trying to engage but to no avail.

Any ideas - am I looking at replacement/refrubishment time?

Thanks,

Dave.

Hi all,

have pulled the front oil seal out of the transfer box this morning to cure an oil leak - no big deal, but when I engaged diff-lock it would only lock the box in one direction!

I removed the drive flange by making up a locking tool so no stress there, but I'm concerned about the stae of the T-box now. I removed the linkage from the lever in the cab and have had a ferttle under the truck - and it seems to lock up when you tun the drive flange by hand, but when you get a bar on it it spins freely! I casn hear things clicking as if trying to engage but to no avail.

Any ideas - am I looking at replacement/refrubishment time?

Thanks,

Dave.

I should have added - the box locks up OK in one direction, think it's the forward direction, it's just the other way that doesn't work. Diff lock light is on when diff-lock selected.

Think I'll just put it all back together and keep running the truck until all the other little jobs are done - I can't afford a visit to ashcrofts at the moment!

Dave.