235/85-16 on standard rims?

Some tyre manufacturers recommend rims from 6" wide, others from 6.5".

I run 235/85 tyres on my racer with 5.5 inch rims on the front and have had no punctures or sidewall damage. There is no noticeable roll of the tyre on the rim at speed. However if you were in a serious accident in the UK a particularly attentive inspector may pick up the disparity from the manufacturers recommendations.

I run the narrow rims to get my geometry right, but on a road based car I would source some wider rims.

I have my winter tyres on 5,5 rims, no worry at all. But - 6,5 is better. Get in touch with Mark Jennings, I think there is a link on SLRK:s web site. He can get you used 1-ton rims for little money. And they look the part IMHO. :)

It looks like a standard rim but widened outwards if you get what I mean.

OK, thanks. I used to have Wolf wheels on an 110 I had a couple of years ago and

they are very heavy as they are, I guess they just enhanced the one ton wheels by

cutting some weight with the holes and called them Wolf... :-)

I think I'll go for the Wolf wheels then, I like the look with the holes better :)

Cheers,