Loud humming noise from the rear - Fuel Pump?

My 110 has started making a loud humming noise from the rear when the ignition is on - I can only assume this is the fuel pump playing up?

The truck seems to run fine, so I have a few quesions for anyone more clued up on td5's than me...

- Am I right is suspecting the fuel pump?

- if not, then any other suggestions?

- if so does this signify it end?

- Any guesses as to how long I have got before it dies completely?

any help muchos appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

How long is a piece of string TBH.....try changing the fuel filter first cause if there blocked then the pump gets noisy.

If its running fine then you still have full fuel pressure for now but if you find that it doesnt hit full rpm's then it wont be long before your droping the tank :huh:

Ok, having had a bit more chance ogo for a test drive, it does seem to be pulsing when pushed hard - which makes me think the fuel pump isn't keeping up. Sounds like the tanks got to come out then.... yay.

Definitely change the filter first - I had a noisy 'pump', so changed it only to find that it was the filter :angry:

It'd be a good idea to cut a hatch in the tub floor in case it occurs again - makes a multi hour job into a 10 minute job.

Well, I changed the filter, added some fresh diesel, and took it for a blast up and down the dual carriageway, and it seems to be behaving itself.

The pump is quieter, if not silent, and having got the revs up for a while, the stuttering at high revs seems to have gone too - I guess the filter and the lines were quite clogged.

I shall keep an eye on it, but I am hoping it is ok for now....

Cheers for the help - a filter and some fresh diesel is far preferable to a new pump and a few hours changing it!

Cheers

Mark