oil leak

hi im losing clutch fluid, and i cant seem to find where its coming from, any ideas please,it takes a week or two to fully empty, then clutch bites right at the bottom

land rover 90 1986 2.5 n/a

cheers

I don't know where this paranoia comes from about having to replace the clutch and slave if only one of them fails. I've changed one or the other only many times and never once had to go and do the other. Stupid old wives tale in my opinion.

Replace what needs replacing and then worry about the other if and when it fails.

Les.

I don't know where this paranoia comes from about having to replace the clutch and slave if only one of them fails. I've changed one or the other only many times and never once had to go and do the other. Stupid old wives tale in my opinion.

Replace what needs replacing and then worry about the other if and when it fails.

Les.

Les, I think it comes from the poor quality slave and master's out there today, if one is on it's way out the other will not be far behind.......

Given that the cost (probaly due to quality) is fairly low compaired to the bother of draining/bleeding the system again I think is why people do both.

Jason.

is there any fluid dripping from the bll housing drain hole [where the wading plug fits] ?

if yes, the slave cylinder seals have given up, best to change master & slave cylinders.

hi do you mean the wading plug at the front,