Bulkhead loom options...

Just forked out for a TD5 bulkhead included is its loom, full dash and fusebox etc. I'm putting it into my 200Tdi clad 86reg 90. Present loom has been chopped around a bit and lacks relays~! (hence bits of melted wireing dotted about).

As the TD5 is ECU controlled I'm assuming that none of the present loom is anywhere near compatible with my 200Tdi retrofit?? so gonna pull that out (carefully)??, now do I repair, cobble together the old loom back in the TD5 bulkhead, or get a new 200Tdi loom? priced one at 200+ squid at vehicle wiring products (bit pricey) - anyone know where I can sort out a old one?

Anyone got suggestions?

Cheers

Mav

Your 2.5NA/200tdi loom wil be very simple.

As you seem to have the whole "dash" assembly I'd be tempted by a bit of an upgrade.

You just need to spend some time figuring out what on the TD5 loom supplies functions you need.

Theres not that many.

Rear lighting

Front lighting

Washer bottle pumps

Windscreen wiper (already in?)

Radio head unit (already in?)

Then seperate out an ignition circuit

Starter motor

Alternator

stop solenoid

There are some fiddles required to get all the warning lights and the digital speedo functioning.

I'm a long way from being an electrician but I'm sure I could work it out with some logic and a multineter :ph34r: