Alternative castor correction method

Thats how I did mine, not as many webs tho. We did brace from the top of the flange to the radius arm bracket to give a bit of support on heavy landings.

Later on I also chopped it by the diff and turned it to give a bit more clearance on the starter.

Never had any problems.

One other thing we did whilst the casing was apart was to replace the diff pan with a thicker one from Simmonites. I then ran without a diff guard.

05Ld0033.jpg

Photo by Mark Fell

And a few webs for good measure,

And we know this method works well, we did this to my series 3 years ago, and they have NEVER moved, under serious abuse under cart springs!

He's not mentioned the tapping out to M12 on the ends as well (a superb little bit done by me ;) ), this has also proven itself when used with cap heads.

This particular axle case does look so right in the flesh.

One other thing we did whilst the casing was apart was to replace the diff pan with a thicker one from Simmonites. I then ran without a diff guard.

No poblems on that front, the axle is fitted with the tomcat strengthening kit.

Replacing the swivel bolts with m12 cap heads is really effective, totally alleviates weaping swivel problems

• 8 years later...