Td5 Adjustable shock mounts +2 to +8"

simonr

ooh already for sale on the web site. Shame I'm skint at the moment, only went to see if the shock mounts were on cos I have that money stashed away already.

X-Deflex looks perfect roll on some spare cash. Si these are gona fly off the shelf m8

Beautiful engineering Si!

presumably you can upgrade to an Ashcroft shaft if you feel the need :P

Yup - not sure what the torsional stiffness would be like though. A lot of the uprated shafts are more elastic than the ordinary ones - so it may not give as much roll resistance. I'm not sure though - maybe someone like Kam Diffs Steve or Mr Ashcroft would be able to tell us?

Si

Is that a free-wheeling hub on the end of the cross-shaft?

Yup - if you think about it, it's ideal for the job. The torque transmitted by an axle is significantly higher than an anti roll bar and they do exactly what is required. Also, for the future, AVM who make them, also make electrical and pneumatic versions - but they are a bit spendy!

Si

Will there be a front kit as well Si?

Probably not - I looked at doing that first - but there is just no space! It might be possible with a slightly different approach - but I'm not there yet!

How long until there is a 90 kit? :D

Soon I hope - it's next in line. Most of it is similar - just the curved bar which has to clear the exhaust is different, and the brackets which hold the roll bar to the chassis. First will be to fit everything except Puma, Td5, 50th Anniversary and NAS as these have the fuel tank in the back which takes a bit of clearing. However, it's only a case of different brackets so it won't be long after. I plan on wondering round at Billing doing measuring on as many different specs of 90 as I can find.

Si

Si will they work with a southdown towpack? :unsure:

Probably! The amount the fuel tank hangs down below the chassis mounts for the anti-roll bar is somewhat variable anyway. I had intended to supply 60mm worth of spacers which should cover most options. If it needs more than that - it's simply a case of using longer bolts and more spacers. There is no reason I could not just supply 60mm worth plus as many additional ones as required on request.

Could you measure how much yours hangs down? there are four bolts that hold the roll bar bushes in place. Measure from the centre of the four bolts to a straight-edge held against the under-side of the guard / tank.

Cheers,

Si

Yup - not sure what the torsional stiffness would be like though. A lot of the uprated shafts are more elastic than the ordinary ones - so it may not give as much roll resistance. I'm not sure though - maybe someone like Kam Diffs Steve or Mr Ashcroft would be able to tell us?

Si

Been a bit busy lately and missed this thread, Si i can get exact data monday morning for you -it may even be on our website somewhere (kevin has been moving things around again). Standard LR shafts are actually very flexible. We have two kinds of Shaft at present the HD which is being phased out (this shaft became well known for it's twistability :blink:in previous years) it can actually twist over 540 degrees but takes a higher torque load to actually start the twist. Then we have our new range of shafts made from much sterner stuff, they have a much higher yield strength again but won't twist as far. I think the key thing is that if you twist one too far it won't return to it's original form. I'll be honest i'm no techie - thats why we employ one :lol: .

If you want to try a couple of different shafts in real world then i'll send you some options.(a return favour for the X anchor that wer'e finally going to use!)

Steve

Thanks Steve. I had a chat with Kev this morning & he gave me some figures to work with. Best of luck with your forthcoming 'Adventure'!

I measured Chris's tank guard at the weekend - and it hangs down 55mm, so that's within the 60mm I planned to cater for.

Si

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...