Leveller and removal and nearly a big mistake?

if i remove my leveller what actully do i remove. I was about to remove the entire A frame assembly :lol::o . This seems to be very wrong. :ph34r:

Should that still be there and i'm just removing the gas thingy?

This has got to be the dumbest question yet......and possbly the nearest i've come to shaggin my defender.

BTW

i've just done all the springs and shocks and the lower links....not done the lower link bushes as i couldn't get them out!

Also the rear anti roll bar has all been done. New bolts nuts and all sort of stuff.

I'm gradually working my way to the front with the removal of the leveller planned for last. So i'm just plannning ahead.

Sunday (tomorrow)its the front panhard and radius arms and track rods and drag etc...big day !

Will i be able to get out any of the bushes....hmmm :unsure:

Just a general reminder when doing suspension work - IMHO you should at all time have the vehicle on axle stands (under the chassis) and be very careful what you remove - think about how things can move if you remove links etc. Also remember that you will be lying underneath a couple of tons of steel - if that lot comes down they will need a hose to clean you off the drive... :(

Just a general reminder when doing suspension work - IMHO you should at all time have the vehicle on axle stands (under the chassis) and be very careful what you remove - think about how things can move if you remove links etc. Also remember that you will be lying underneath a couple of tons of steel - if that lot comes down they will need a hose to clean you off the drive... :(

Even when the car is securely on axle stands I don't really like the feeling of being under it... sort of a niggling feeling of impending doom I guess :unsure:

- Don't just plonk it on axle stands and think its safe either. I like to get mine setup and then give it a shove about to see if it really is stable. I'd rather it fell off then and bent something landing on the drive than falling off when I'm underneath and bending me instead. :)

Even when the car is securely on axle stands I don't really like the feeling of being under it... sort of a niggling feeling of impending doom I guess :unsure:

- Don't just plonk it on axle stands and think its safe either. I like to get mine setup and then give it a shove about to see if it really is stable. I'd rather it fell off then and bent something landing on the drive than falling off when I'm underneath and bending me instead. :)

/\ /\ Me too! Don't completely trust ANYTHING!!! Leave the wheels on if you can and if you take them off put them under the chassis as your last line of defence!

I've done the hard scary parts, i think? The springs.

I think when doing all the other bist the wheels can stay on. Certianly true of the rear bits i did yesterday. Its pissing down with rain here today so looks like its going to be next weekend and some nights in the week.

Yes,,,, when i did the springs i had three wheels on and two axle stands and the jack under the corner i was doing and was still very uncomfortable. The vehicle certainly moved when i dropped the corner axle so i could remove the spring. I must have jacked and repositioned the corner 10 or more times till i was happy. Still ended up using compressors and lowering the axle a little less.

(the comressors were Srewfix ones. Better than machine mart and cheaper)

thanks for the advice guy. This is scary stuff. :excl:

hi just a quick point on axle stands my 110 fell off them last week COMPLETELY my fault and it fell across my legs, lucky for me the axle i was removing was still under the vehicle and prevented me getting crushed but i have nice big bruises to stop me taking a risk again....

JUST A FURTHER POINT ON YOUR LEVELLER... sell it on ebay, mine was rusty but still fetched £30 the danish are always after parts so i will post international and use P4D for my couriers unless a forum member needs it of course..

hi just a quick point on axle stands my 110 fell off them last week COMPLETELY my fault and it fell across my legs

:o For once in my life I feel moved to use hated teen-age speak: OMG!

Thank goodness you got away with it! I bet it took a few years off your life and severely tested your adrenal gland eh?

I just dropped my trolly jack on my foot. Better that way round than the thing it was about to lift....

@Wayne, Golly ! and i will sell all eventually.

@Mickey, its at the bottom of a long list. No idea if its working or not but i now have HD on the back so it should technically come off. Eventually.