roll cage

gti-90

hi all.

ive just fitted a removable t/c cage to my 90 and before i paint it,

what would you do with a new roll cage, what would you mount and where?

how many lights on the front and or the back?

ive also got a 8274 up front and was going to weld a hook to the upright beside the windscreen bar, good?

any suggestions will be great.

cheers.

I've got four light mounts above the windscreen, just flat plates on the lower rear face of the horizontal tube, plus another in the middle on top for a CB ariel. In the back I've got two threaded studs to take a Hi-lift, and four small U-bolts where the cage meets the floor - very useful for tying things down in the back etc.

If you put a winch hook on the cage, make it nice and weak so it lets go (benignly) before it distorts the cage or wrinkles your wings / bonnet.

thanks for the reply.

i have since put four tabs on for the lights and a simple C shaped 15mm bar loop on the front of the cage for the hook. it wont be used for winching, but i do see your point in making it the weak point, though with my seagull droppings im sure it would be fine. cheers. :)