Pioneer Tool Security

I have fitted axe, spade and pick handle to thew outside of my 90 using QuickFist clamps. Does anyone have a smart idea for some kind of lock ?

I am not impressed with the hi-lift clamp solution with a hole through a large bolt and mini padlock. I am sure somebody has come up with something smarter and reasonably weatherproof.

All help gratefully received.

Regards

Richard

I have the HiLift solution, although I drilled out the bolts and fitted bigger padlocks, if I was going to do it again I would make my own/get someone to make me some, I think it would be far cheaper to go down that route you could then secure them with whatever size of padlock you wanted.

The only thing I would add to this is often people can cause more damage pulling things off than the item cost, a padlock would stop the casual crim but not a determinined one and if they are going to nick it they will.

What is the value of a spade compaired to a back door or bonnet?

Jason.

I have the HiLift solution, although I drilled out the bolts and fitted bigger padlocks, if I was going to do it again I would make my own/get someone to make me some, I think it would be far cheaper to go down that route you could then secure them with whatever size of padlock you wanted.

The only thing I would add to this is often people can cause more damage pulling things off than the item cost, a padlock would stop the casual crim but not a determinined one and if they are going to nick it they will.

What is the value of a spade compaired to a back door or bonnet?

Jason.

My stuff is fixed to the wings, and rear body, with my own fabrication for the hi-lift (something like a fitting I saw on a Camel 110).

My aim is definitely to deter the casual scrote - "It's not locked, so I may as well nick it" type.

Putting the kit inside is certainly viable, but a pain to do, and when rough camping especially, there is little space.

I agree with Ralph; stow your kit inside the vehicle if you can. When I wore a green suit to work we didn't bother because: a) we usually parked up in out of the way places; b) didn't often leave vehicles unattended, and; c) we (rightly) assumed no one would be daft enough to mess with us!

In civvy life I find these don't apply, and I keep my kit on-board!

Best regards,

Phil.

In the olden days when I felt the need to keep a hiLift on the back of my truck - I welded a bit of tube to a nut and welded a 'T' handle to the tube. Had a bolt with the head on the outside of the vehicle and the handle on the inside. It made it easy to remove so long as you had access to the inside of the vehicle - but pretty hard if not.

Si