AWDC UK•XTC Round 3

najw

Entries are now open for the next round of the eXtreme Time Challenge which will be held on August 15th at West Harptree, Avon.

Full details of the event format can be found HERE

Online entry is available HERE

This will be the toughest XTC yet taking full advantage of the fantastic natural terrain at West Harptree. Course length is 2+ miles as the crow flies (but you can't drive it as the crow flies) and there is plenty of route choice.

As an MSA licensed event all attendees (competitors, officials and spectators) benefit from £30 million Public Liability insurance and drivers are exempted from prosecution for dangerous driving in the event of an accident.

There will be extensive, safe spectator viewing areas which will allow the whole course to be seen from up close.

Toilets, catering and overnight camping are available and there are no charges for spectators.

Prizes for driver and co-driver in the top 3 placed vehicles courtesy of our sponsors

XTC-Logo2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Morning All, round 3 of the XTC. Who's out playing as I could do with knowing if it is worth me asking the boss for a day pass to come down & watch. :ph34r: It is hard work getting hold of these passes & I do not want to waste one on a none starter. ;) .

Now we all know that Mr Saley has gone up in the world of vehicles & it looks like he should get the new car out at this event, as two weeks ago he was known as Saley NO diff, But know he is "SALEY TWO DIFFS" :P .

Is there anybody else signed up yet Neil?

West Harptree, it has to be a good, best site for this event, so many tracks to choose from, Mud Holes & "BOMBHOLES" everywhere, steep hills what else do we need. Oh YES CARS... :D:D

Taff.

Hi Taff

The following is a list of people I believe intend to enter.

This is not an entry list but will hopefully act as a reminder to people that certain pieces of paper are required prior to the event. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Andrew Grant

Richard Nicolson

Robin Izzard

Paul Bass

John Sales

Barrie Gee

Team Gunit

Paul Church

Wayne Tonks

Chris Bowler

Chris Abel

Nick Brown

From a spectator point of view I would say this will be the best event. Tough course and the opportunity to view it from 3 of 4 sides.

Team Gunit, Does that mean not only the noise of a V8 engine roaring through the West Harptree Valley (the Welsh & their vallies.... :lol: ). But also we will be having another special appearance from the well known DJ Mark 1/2 song Whetton on the decks on Saturday night?? :D .

If this is the case it will be worth coming down for the Saturday night entertainment, let alone the planned racing for Sunday. Count me in ;)

Plus there does seem to be a nice list of names, behind which are some interesting cars.

Right, must start on getting hold of that pass I need. Wish me luck ;)

Carwyn.

well done to Carwyn for spotting last week deliberate mistake,

a gunit badge is on its way..............

West Harptree will be ringing to the sounds of the V8,

and saturday will always be party night... :D

so that on Sunday we can prove we have all the gear no idea... :unsure:

Mark Team Gunit :)

Morning All, round 3 of the XTC. Who's out playing as I could do with knowing if it is worth me asking the boss for a day pass to come down & watch. :ph34r: It is hard work getting hold of these passes & I do not want to waste one on a none starter. ;) .

Now we all know that Mr Saley has gone up in the world of vehicles & it looks like he should get the new car out at this event, as two weeks ago he was known as Saley NO diff, But know he is "SALEY TWO DIFFS" :P .

Hello Blodwin :) Yes I have 2 diffs but still waiting for alternator/power steering pump braket and other bits and bobs but should be done and tested in plenty of time for this one see you there ;)

• 3 weeks later...

There will be a TD5 trying to rise above the throng of V8s in the West Harptree valley! My entry is in, second winch and bash plate waiting to be fitted. Looking forward to the harder terrain - not sure the supertanker td5 107" is looking forward to it!!!

Chris Bowler

• 3 weeks later...

Not yet John, I've still got 9 that I am 'expecting' entries from.

(So tell your mate Mr All Wheel Driver Cover Star to pull his finger out) :P

If all come to fruition we should be looking at 16 cars which will be much more like it :)

Next challenge is to find some marshals, so if anyone is planning on coming to watch and fancies donning a yellow jacket and getting closer to the action please get in touch!

• 2 weeks later...

Entry list is as follows:

Number Driver Co-Driver Vehicle

4 Richard Nicolson Land Rover 90

6 John Sales Glynn Yates Rakeway Bulldog

24 John Barrie Gee Wayne Gotheridge Tomcat

28 Wayne Tonks Rhodri Lewis Land Rover Hybrid

33 Robin Izzard Land Rover Hybrid

38 Chris Bowler M Burton Land Rover Series 1

39 Andrew Grant Andrew Shott Land Rover

42 Nick Brown Range Rover Hybrid

43 Andrew Woodhouse Mark Whetton Land Rover 90

44 Michael Hitchings M Moorhouse Range Rover QT

Hope we get plenty of rain in the next week to make things extra interesting!

entry is looking more like it - good to see the support. The rain we are currently having will make it interesting, leave some of the site for the interclub next weekend!!!

Sorry i can't make it to marshall as per the email.

Hope it goes well.

2nd test yesterday and not bad for stuck in limp mode 4th gear see you Saturday ;)

Looking very good John :D

Ummm lorry arches & Iroks brings back memorys :( Cant remember which where worst to live with racing slicks or constant rebolting :angry:

Sounds lovely though mate :)

Didn't get there,got up this morning at 5 set off at 6 to bedford LSV8 power 161 miles to get a map in the gearbox but couldn't put it in as not running a GM controler :angry: so came home as doing event in limp mode would have caused damage. :(

I bought a new video camera especially! I suspect you are a little fed up John.

The weather down here in Brissleshire has been pouring so the site should be peachy :lol:

Just on my way home after XTC at West Harptree. Brilliant event - very hard punishing course - very well done to Neil for organising and well done to Gigglepin 1st and 2nd, very close finish with 6 minutes dividing top 6 cars - we came 5th in the 107 td5. Just looked at the damage underneath - bash plate well bend and 4 radius arm - chassis bushes totally shot !! Still get that done ready for next event AWDC Safari Sweet Lamb and we are back into Comp mode!!!

Bad luck with the gearbox John - need to see your machine at Kirton in Oct.

Chris Bowler