CHALLENGER 4x4 TUFF TROPHY 2010

Challenger 4x4 would like to announce its 2010 Tuff Trophy Challenge.

The event will be in the form of punch challenge event and will be open to all, but membership of "Challenger 4x4 The Club" is mandatory for insurance purposes. Each team will consist of a driver , co-driver and vehicle.

Great prizes will be up for grabs and of course a goody bag for each competitor.

The weekends event will cost £175 per team. We will provide breakfast on Saturday and Sunday morning and a hot meal Saturday night before you go out on the night stage. Tea, Coffee and water stations will be around the event arena during the day to help keep you going. Camping facilities including showers also included.

The Tuff Trophy Challenge will take place over the weekend of 24th-25th July 2010 at Tuff Terrains Off Road Site in Llandrindod Wells, Wales. We are the only club to use this site for competition use so will be a new site for some of you.

The Tuff Trophy Challenge will operate a handicap system. Points will be awarded for "collecting punches" distributed around the event arena, but each punch will have a MAXIMUM score allocated to it. The teams will have a handicap rating for the event based on vehicle specification(Number of winches,axle type, Differential locks etc) and a team's handicap rating will determine the actual score attained for each punch gained. In addition to the collecting the punch's there will be a number of special stages over the weekend.

A set of competition regulations will be sent to you on completion of the entry form. There is a limit of 20 cars/teams on this event so please if you wish to enter e-mail me at sales@challenger4x4.com to obtain an entry form. You can also call 01252 325930 or 07836 713677 and I will be happy to post you one. I will be putting a form available for download shortly on our website. I must stress that this event is very popular and I had to turn people away last year as there is no movement on entries, this is all the land owner will allow. So if you wish to enter please don't delay in completing your paperwork. Look forward to hearing from you.

Lucy Bass

Challenger 4x4

lets see if i can last more than 1 punch this time before the autobox dies :rolleyes:

Did you get a punch last year Dan :unsure::unsure: You need to get back to the manual TDI's mate.

Never mind if i remenber correctly I didnt finsh on sunday after picking on a tree that was bigger than me and the truck together:blush: But it was a superb event and real good social, would recomend to any one!

I guess I should get the trophy engraved ready for return! Not sure if we will have a truck ready this year in order to defend our title, which is a shame as it was a brilliant event last year, a highlight in fact. Great site, great social and a great selection of punches. And not forgetting that special night stage. That is one I won't forget in a hurry! :lol: :lol:

Yes I'll be at corwen and hopefully this one aswell

come across and join in as you always seem to be stood on your own which is not what these challenges are all about. its just as much a social event/ general p*** take as a competition

dan

• 2 weeks later...

Does the co driver also need to be a member ?

Everybody that is entering the compertition (so driver and co-driver) need to be a member of the club, this is so you are covered by MSA insurance.

Does the driver need to produce a MSA license also ??

Hello, yes the person (driver) or persons (driver and co-driver, if they are lucky enough to be allowed to drive) must have an MSA driving license. If you do not have one please follow the following link which takes you directly to the form you need to fill in on line. MSA UK

The license you need is a'non-race clubman', the cost is £23. Link to actual form

You are able to fill the form out on the day, but you would need to bring a passport size photo with you. However it would save a lot of time and hassle for us, if you did do it yourself before hand.

Cheers, Sara :)

Hello, yes the person (driver) or persons (driver and co-driver, if they are lucky enough to be allowed to drive) must have an MSA driving license. If you do not have one please follow the following link which takes you directly to the form you need to fill in on line. MSA UK

The license you need is a'non-race clubman', the cost is £23. Link to actual form

You are able to fill the form out on the day, but you would need to bring a passport size photo with you. However it would save a lot of time and hassle for us, if you did do it yourself before hand.

Cheers, Sara :)

ok, will the codriver be required to drive during the event? if so i best go n warn simon :ph34r: :ph34r: & then see about sorting out my msa license :huh:

Hi,

As you are aware it is with regret that I have to announce that the Tuff Trophy 2010 has had to be cancelled due to unforseen circumstances. Due to the fact that time was getting on I had to make the decison as to whether the event was to go ahead. I have contacted in person every one who has entered and explained the situation. This event will be running but it will be either later on this year or next year. Those who entered this one will be given first refusal on entry of the next one. Sorry to disappoint.

Lucy

x