air-con clutch pulley bearing

Hi guys; The air-con is standard TDI 300 1996 equipment. Their is a loud noise almost as though it is a dry bearing and I suppose going to seize soon. Has anyone removed the clutch pulley and replaced the bearing. A bearing size would be very helpful. And a few tip as I'm not too keen to take the whole thing (air-con)out. :unsure:

Hi guys; The air-con is standard TDI 300 1996 equipment. Their is a loud noise almost as though it is a dry bearing and I suppose going to seize soon. Has anyone removed the clutch pulley and replaced the bearing. A bearing size would be very helpful. And a few tip as I'm not too keen to take the whole thing (air-con)out. :unsure:

The compressor used is almost certainly a Sanden 5 or 7 cylinder. I have a feeling that they both use the same bearing.

Try to remove the pulley in situ. When you remove the bolt you will find that the hole through the front plate is threaded, this is so you can put a suitable bolt in and tighten which will push the pulley off. the bearing is in the pulley.

Be aware, if the noise you described is there when the Air Con is running its not the pulley bearing, that only comes into play when the pulley is freewheeling.

I can't give you the bearing size as I always used genuine Sanden but I do know the equivalent is available from Bearing Services etc:

The noise is there when you start and let it run for a while and then it disappears after quite a while. It now takes much longer to disappear now. But the moment you switch the air-con on it disappears. But there is still a faint squeak squeak sound. Just as a off chance is it about the size of the idle pulley bearing just below the air-con?

The noise is there when you start and let it run for a while and then it disappears after quite a while. It now takes much longer to disappear now. But the moment you switch the air-con on it disappears. But there is still a faint squeak squeak sound. Just as a off chance is it about the size of the idle pulley bearing just below the air-con?

The idler pulley bearing is smaller and thinner. I had a look through my stock bits last night but couldn't find a bearing. Will try to get a stock size for you today.