Not sitting level any more

SPendrey

Following our trip on Sunday, I parked at home and thought the car looked a little off-level, but assumed it was the camber of the driveway. At work, same view, rear-right dropped about 1-2 inches compared to the left. Had a quick look under this evening to figure out if there is anything obvious, and the only thing I noticed was the anti-roll bar being 'up' on the left and 'down' on the right (as viewed from the back of the car). Is this normal? Pics below so you see what I mean.

post-11857-127602938711_thumb.jpg

post-11857-127602941854_thumb.jpg

The ARB joints might be ok - you could try loosening the ARM mounts to the chassis, or levering the ARB joint back to where it should be. I managed to do something similar a little while ago, though I broke the ARB ball and socket too.

I would check out that brake line very carefully though!

Kev

Its quite easy to flip the ARB like that, just flex it too much off road with a suspension lift and it pops round, remove the ARB -> chassis mount bolts and you can easily flip it round with a lever of some sort, then reattach to chassis afterwards.

Just remove the ARB completely :)

Niamh

Yeah I had the same issue and left it for too long and its now made the springs sit a little down on one side - Easiest solution I would say is to cut it off completely otherwise the same thing will just happen next time.

Cheers

Ryck

OK, assuming I remove it, how much 'tension' is there in the bar itself? What I'm worried about is unbolting the thing and getting it springing off and causing damage elsewhere (to the car, or me!).

There wont be any real tension in the bar to worry about. I cut the bolts out in the centre that holds it to the chassis mounts with a small hack saw as they wouldnt unscrew fully and then used a big socket set and bar to get the leverage on the bolts that hold the drop down joints to the axle. Its about 30 mins work I would say.

Turned out to be an easy job once I could get the chassis nut/bolts to loosen. Had to loosen the nut/bolt through the bushes on the ARB joint at the axle, then everything could be reset back to normal. Mind you, the bushes themselves looked pants, so I might be replacing them soon enough. :)