overdrive

hi all. i am a new member to this forum. i have liked range rovers for years. i seem to be surrounded by them lately. some friends have the new vogue and also the sport. very nice trucks. so onto my beast. i have a 67 chassis fitted with the 3,5 v8 with the carbs at the angle and on top a fibre glass eagle rv body. i have a spare engine and box (4 spd) with an overdrive fitted to it ( the one with the manual shifter bar and knob). so i want to remove it from one i have sitting on the floor and fit it to the same typE of 4 spd box which is in my truck ! the truck is in ibiza and i am brining it back in 5 weeks. i have a day to do the job !! can this be done ? what tools ie special ones are needed ? much help would be appreciated. thanks shaun

hi all. i am a new member to this forum. i have liked range rovers for years. i seem to be surrounded by them lately. some friends have the new vogue and also the sport. very nice trucks. so onto my beast. i have a 67 chassis fitted with the 3,5 v8 with the carbs at the angle and on top a fibre glass eagle rv body. i have a spare engine and box (4 spd) with an overdrive fitted to it ( the one with the manual shifter bar and knob). so i want to remove it from one i have sitting on the floor and fit it to the same typE of 4 spd box which is in my truck ! the truck is in ibiza and i am brining it back in 5 weeks. i have a day to do the job !! can this be done ? what tools ie special ones are needed ? much help would be appreciated. thanks shaun

unless you're a mechanic or pretty experienced or have someone to help you who is and a good workshop to work in I think you will be scratching to do it up to drive away in 1 day.

Hi billie

i have built alot of engines etc. have just restored my 67 ford mustang eleanor. 5.9 v8 supercharged methanol injection. i am also a builder and am pretty handy on most things. i will have my brother in law with me so if it can be done i would like to try. i probably have a day and half to do it but would rather in a day. do you know what to do ?? thanks shaun