Best manual for a 3.9 EFI (Hotwire with 14CUX)

elrao

My 90 has a 3.9 EFI from, I believe, a RRC. The ECU says its a 14CUX, which should make it a 1990-1995 era hotwire type from what I have read. The V8s aren't covered in the 90 manuals, so looking for something specific for the engine. Assume the Haynes RRC manual which runs upto the 1992 model would cover it, but a lot of manual on a RR which I don't need, just need the engine bit.

Ideally something that shows how to take the engine apart, fit a new cam, head gaskets etc.

Cheers

It's ultimately no different to a carbed one, if you're just after unbolting the top bit.

The fuel lines can be pressurised, so take care undoing them. The electrics unplug if needed, just make sure you note what came from where (a digital camera is very handy for this) and take care not to stress wires by pulling them rather than the body of the plug. Aside from that, it's the same bolts in the same places that hold the inlet manifold to the block.

My 90 has a 3.9 EFI from, I believe, a RRC. The ECU says its a 14CUX, which should make it a 1990-1995 era hotwire type from what I have read. The V8s aren't covered in the 90 manuals, so looking for something specific for the engine. Assume the Haynes RRC manual which runs upto the 1992 model would cover it, but a lot of manual on a RR which I don't need, just need the engine bit.

Ideally something that shows how to take the engine apart, fit a new cam, head gaskets etc.

Cheers

I have done exactly this with my 90 less than a couple of months ago they are a very simple unit to work on and very simple to cpnnect up (efi side of things)

There are plenty of manuals on line that can help the search on here is fantastic :) if your stuck give me a shoute :)