Terrafirma +5 shock lengths?

LowRanger

Hi all,have been lurking around for a while,just reading.But now I have a question that I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to.I have a 94 Defender 110,and have just bought shock mounts and kinked rear arms from Gwyn Lewis with the thought of buying the OME N73L shocks from here in Australia,where they are much cheaper to buy,especially when factoring in the transport costs.Unfortunately OME no longer make these shocks,and the new replacement models,won't be available for 1-2 months.So I am looking at the Terrafirma +5" shocks.And what I need to know is the open and closed lengths when measured from the shoulder of pins,which is where OME measure their shocks from.Till this point I haven't been able to find a correct measurement,as all that I have come across on the net are different lengths,and don't stipulate where the measurements are taken from.So if someone has a set and can let me know the measurements,of if someone knows where I may find this information it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks Steve

That is the same specs I was given when I rang a supplier here today and got them to measure them for me.Too long on compressed length for what I was after.So it looks like I will have to wait till OME bring out their new shocks in a month or two.

Wayne

Yes Paul the N73L shocks are front Landcruiser shocks,but are a bit more than +2" N73L is what is recommended by Gwyn Lewis for his suspension setup.Which is what I basically have,except I have different custom coils.

Wayne

Jake

I rang OME in Melbourne,and they told me that they have discontinued the old design nitrocharger shocks.And the new shocks have better valving and are called the Nitrocharger Sport.Unfortunately the long shocks are the last ones to be released supposedly.And for anybody that is interested,the new part number that is supposed to be the equivalent lengths to the N73L is, 60070L.Not supposed to be available here in Australia for a month or so.No idea when it will appear in the UK.

Wayne