Weird indicator fault

task

My 1998 V8 Discovery appears to have developed a weird indicator fault.

It's started to blow the indicator fuse, not every time I use the indicators but after a few uses. The indicators still flash when you use the hazards or lock with the fob.

My guess is the flasher unit but I wanted to make sure before sinking £40 on a new one from Land Rover

Thoughts?

Cheers

It blows the fuse so all lights stop flashing as do the dashboard lights. replace the fuse, works fine for a while and then blows again. :(

Hazards and alarm make the lights function fine however. This makes me think it's not a wiring fault but rather a fault dashboard-side.

ok, so slight update. I removed the trailer socket incase this was at fault. I also replaced all the bulbs.

Nothing works now, no directional indicators or alarm flasher or hazards.

Where is the flasher unit located?

Normally they're in the fusebox - any motor factors should be able to sell you one for significantly less than LR, failing that Vehicle Wiring Products sell 'em too.

When you say you removed the trailer socket, how did you do it? Unplugged from loom, hacksawed through the cable...?

After my last post I went out and found the flasher unit, I removed it and opened it up for a look. There was a shielded wire between the front and the back of the unit that was touching the actuator that was discoloured. I bent this back out of the way and the unit now seems to work.

Fridge - I removed the cables and taped them up separate from each other. Apparently Shardlow can sell me one for about £18 but I think I probably have one laying about at my parents from when I broke the range rover.

Thanks guys.