Vendor Warning: Land Rover Salvage

ajh

Over a year ago I ordered a set of new-take-off 2007 or newer front doors for a Defender from Land Rover Orphanage, who then sent me a set of old-style door shells for 400GBP each. By the time they got here they were too expensive to just ship back and I've taken a loss on them.

At that time I ordered a set of new-take-off 2007 or newer doors from Land Rover Salvage.co.uk and was VERY specific about needing the new pressed steel style doors, again, at a cost of 400GBP each, plus about 400GBP in shipping and taxes. I picked the doors up from my freight company in St John last week, and finally got around to looking at them more closely today and they're ALSO the OLD STYLE WELDED FRAME DOORS!

I've now been screwed to the tune of nearly $3000 CAD on doors that are of no use to me and my vehicle is after a year still sitting waiting for the correct doors before I can send it for full paint, if it is painted doors and body separately it will never match correctly.

When I reached the guy at LRS about the error his response was "They're Defender doors, they're all the same, get stuffed".

I am seriously angry now and feeling like there isn't an honest person left over there to deal with.

I have a customer that buys new 2.4 TDCi 90's and puts train body's on them,

if you want to try again let me know and I will ask what he wants for them,

Dave

I would be very interested in them at the right price. I already have the new doors for the 2nd row and rear door so I really want the 110 to match throughout. I'll probably use these others eventually on the 90s but the 110 is a show vehicle which is why I'm being particular.

Sorry to hear of your woes, good to let everyone know! I had a similar problem with "Land Rover Breakers" a while ago. Still waiting to pay them a visit in person :angry:

A look at the Land Rover Salvage website isn't promising is it...no landline number, no address given :unsure:

Cant you get them on the 'Description of Goods Act' or something similar? Seems really unfair that you ahve had to swallow that cost. They should refund you and pay the return shipping. Its the same thing as specifying OEM and getting something in a blue and white box - it might do the job (breifly) but it is simply not what you, the buyer, specified.

As Ralph says the doors you have will be fine. The new type doors were fitted to the old type vehicles hence the reverse should also work - both my 06 300Tdi and the Mrs 05 300Tdi have the new pressed type doors fitted from new. So it is annoying but no reason not to use them unless they are actually faulty.

How on earth did it take a year to ship a set of doors to Canada? It only takes eight weeks to get stuff here...

I just got a TD5 bulkhead from these guys, a chap called Adrian always picked up on this number 07973 981807, I got this from there ebay shop.

I got the immpression he was a little "special" i.e. if you wanted to get somthing useful from him then you had to play his game unfortunatly.

The bulkhead i got was pretty battered (I think from the shipping up!), but it will do the job.