Useful item, usually thrown away.

I've never liked the notion of clamping brake flexi hoses, lest they get damaged by the clamp.

So this week I've been rebuilding the rear calipers (thanks Les!) BTW the caliper half seals are available fom your friendly Land Rover dealer or parts place with access to genuine stuff.

Now in days gone by I used to cling film the reservoir to stop the fluid pouring out, but that doesn't work on an ABS equipped Range Rover, so I thought I'd have to clmap the flexis.

However rummaging about the tool box, I found a wee plastic cap that looked just the right size to fit over the flared end of the pipe, and maybe even catch the threads on the union.

Well as luck would have it, it did.

The plastic cap came from a new set of axle breathers I fitted a while back, it's a wee blue thing they put on to protect the threads in transit.

I just made a few dummy ends (male, female, metric and imperial), and hammered the pipe end flat, then screw on the relevant one, stops all leaks!

I just pop a rubber bleed screw dust cover on the flared end of the pipe.

Regards,

Diff

Yanno, I tried to put a bleed screw dust cover over it, but it wouldn't go on. Nor do I have any bits of scrap pipe/unions knocking around. So the cap off the axle breather worked a treat.

I know what you mean. Some bleed screw dust covers are harder material and less fexible than others. It is always handy to keep bits which fit in the toolbox. I always keep a few. I am sure your cap will now have a permanent home!

Regards,

Diff