300 tdi exhaust

Hi Steve

I can't help you on the stainless part as I've never had one. But I have a 1995 110 300tdi and I just had a full standard exhaust from Paddocks for £120.

I'm no mechanic by any means but I found the removal and refitting to be really easy. Just a few bolts. I would suggest getting new bolts as they have a habit of snapping when they've been on a while. The only two problems that I had was 1) refitting them back on the rubbers was difficult but do-able and 2) If yours is like mine and you are replacing the back section it is very bendy to take account of going around the axil. The back box is slightly bigger than the original but I found that if you leave the wheels on the ground and jack up the body to expand the springs this gives you a little more clearance to get it through. And watch the bolts on the manifold they tend to break if you are not careful.

hope this helps

Roy

ps Let us know how you get on when you do it.