Defender on jap soft-roader Poll

cookie64

Defender or jap soft-roader???  

55 members have voted

1. 1. which is better? Defender or a Jap softroader LOL

• Defender
    • Japanese Softroader

IN asda the other day my missus pointed at sum jap carp and said tht looks nice and better than your landy why don't you get one of those.

subsiquently she has now promised never to say any thing so ridiculous ever again.

this is just for more fun lol

rolleyes.gif I think she needs some convincing and better training. Mine scare the hell out-o-men with Japas. And she has even sworn to using the fender when our kids comes into this world!! Give her good training and she will never talk about the Japas again..huh.gif

IN asda the other day my missus pointed at sum jap carp and said tht looks nice and better than your landy why don't you get one of those.

If your missus does not intend to go offroad and just use it for shopping, then I'd go for the Jap-carp.

Probably will be cheaper, more ecomonical, more reliable and have no character.

Although I got a lot of looks in the Camel last weekend when I took it to the supermarket. :lol:

If your missus does not intend to go offroad and just use it for shopping, then I'd go for the Jap-carp.

Although I got a lot of looks in the Camel last weekend when I took it to the supermarket. laugh.gif

^^^^ohmy.giflaugh.gifbiggrin.gif ^They thought you had elephants in the truck.....

Hmm..I got both so which way can I vote?!! :D

I've got two of each so even more confused.

IN asda the other day my missus pointed at sum jap carp and said tht looks nice and better than your landy why don't you get one of those. subsiquently she has now promised never to say any thing so ridiculous ever again.

Grounds for divorce.

I will never have any sort of jap carp as they don't have the same appeal to me as my 90 does-doesn't have the same fixability

so to speak and doesn't have the same ruggedness that my 90 has

John

My little girl (2yrs old) loves our 90. She points them out as daddies landrover while out with her mum.

So its the LR for me/us

my 3 year old girl is exactly the same! She loves being in my 90 and complains everytime her mum bundles her into the discovery. :lol:

I;m now on permanent nursery drop off/pick up duties, who would have ever thought my batter filthy 90 would be a school bus!

If anyone is worried about shopping trolley economy why run a softroader at all? A boring eurobox/jap hatchback/estate will do the job just as well for less £ and be equally characterless. I see no arguments for a softroader.

^ I agree, i cant see any positives of owning one.

If you want the driving position there are plenty people carriers with high up seating, which will most likely be nicer to drive, more comfortable, and more economical than a pretend offroader.

I really do wonder what thaught process goes thru peoples minds when purchasing vehicles, because some of the cars being sold are so bad it leaves you wondering what desirable features it has at all.

Zim,

You must be describing a 90 with the doors welded shut and the engine off....

On a more serious note (If this thread can be described as serious...)

Your wife appears to be comparing looks with practicality and trying to mould the outcome into a coherent argument which you will no doubt lose....

If she likes the look of a car.. That's up to her... If as others have said, school run, shopping and "off-road" means parking on a pavement, then let her buy what she desires.

If you wish to debate "better"... What are we discussing... Strength of half shafts, diffs, economy or maybe versatility, low-tech/low priced maintenance, supremely adaptable?

Way too open for a real discussion..... Fun or not...

Neil

Seriously :)

Price up service parts for you Jap Mota

Make sure you have no sharp objects near you and sitting down :D

However

Posting up on LR4x4 and saying should I go Jap or should I go LR ?

Is a bit like going to a Top Chef, and asking him if you should have

a Fillet Steak with Pepper sauce and Veg, or a Beautifully Iced Turd

Nige

I am a land rover man through and through and love them to bits, however the only jap I will sing the praises of is the Daihatsu fourtrack, we have had one on the farm for years, and it is bulletproof, get abused off road on a daily basis, regularly tows a cattle trailer, and gets almost no maintenance- it has covered 525000 miles and still runs well, the 2.8 gives a fair grunt too. Despite all of this I still prefer my unreliable, loud, expensive defender! just my thoughts

Why not compramise and show your beloved or your wife for that matter that rather nice advert/video onthe forum for the BMW X5?

It's German so build quality would be differnt :lol:

Parts are equally stupidly priced, and it will look good on the school run, or the hair dressers or the drug dealer!

It willhave to have some pointless ultra low profile / ultra low taste wheels, and more bling than Gerald Ratner could sell

OR

Just stick with the produce of Solihull, and relax knowing you can cope with more than a puddle or a gentle slope!

BTW my children love both my landies, and keep asking when am I going to get another!