02 Freelander Engine Problems

umoms

On my car with 50k miles. I took the rear head apart and had it resurfaced. I put everything back together and now my car is shaking. I am not getting any power to injectors 1 and 3. But I did not even touch anything with that side. Also when the check engine light is on I am not getting any pulse from the injectors. I am getting a misfire code and when I clear the code I get some pulse. I tried new injectors and that didn't help.

IT was running fine before i took everything part, except the ticking noise, which resurfacing the head solved.

Any suggestions?

A very curious form of logic that said "no power to the injectors, I'll buy new injectors" :unsure: "No water from the tap? Time buy a new bucket!" :ph34r:

I would be following the wiring loom back from the injectors to the ECU/fusebox and checking for continuity between the injector plugs & the ECU plug & 12v feed. Wiring diagram should be in the RAVE manual which is available for free download if you google.

A very curious form of logic that said "no power to the injectors, I'll buy new injectors" :unsure: "No water from the tap? Time buy a new bucket!" :ph34r:

I would be following the wiring loom back from the injectors to the ECU/fusebox and checking for continuity between the injector plugs & the ECU plug & 12v feed. Wiring diagram should be in the RAVE manual which is available for free download if you google.

ok it looks like my timing was off.... When i redid the timing and tried to turn the belt one full turn it gets stuck. I'm reading the timing belt guide and it looks like i need a Landrover camshaft tool LRT-12-175 one for the left and one for the right. $225 each. Do you guys know if its possible to do the timing belt without this tool. Because it's getting stuck as i turn it.