my 110 playtime

Mine is an Ex-EB one as well. Same winch as BandL1 one. But I do not know if its related a the reg numder is not the same. It was also converted to auto when new. But the person I had it off said it came from down south.

Paul

just looked at your pics in the gallery, if your 110 has it's original reg number G*** YPX then the last 2 letters mean it was originally registered in Portsmouth, so it most probaly belonged to Souther Electricity in it's working time.

useful reg ident info

just looked at your pics in the gallery, if your 110 has it's original reg number G*** YPX then the last 2 letters mean it was originally registered in Portsmouth, so it most probaly belonged to Souther Electricity in it's working time.

useful reg ident info

Thanks for that. I know the 3 speed auto was fitted by a company in Shrewsbury, but they are no longer there. I do know that there was ment to have been quite a few converted. I am still trying to trace them and some of the history of it.

Paul

Its got a 200TDI in now as well. Mine is fitted with a PTO driven Hydrolic pump for the winch.

Paul

Mine (greg1 or 2) has also got a 200TDI in & fitted with a PTO Hydrolic driven winch with control levers on wing top.

The thing that puzles me is ; what's the 600 x 180 tube tank fitted underbody below driver for?

mine looks better that she (greg?) realy is, as the flash of camara hides some of the dents :)

Lawrence

Mine (greg1 or 2) has also got a 200TDI in & fitted with a PTO Hydrolic driven winch with control levers on wing top.

The thing that puzles me is ; what's the 600 x 180 tube tank fitted underbody below driver for?

mine looks better that she (greg?) realy is, as the flash of camara hides some of the dents :)

Lawrence

I have not got the tank :unsure: But the winch control in mounted on the dash. Just over from the drive leaver for the auto box.

Paul

Some utility company vehicles have coupled brakes for max trailer weights upto 4 tonnes, [a UK legal requirement. ]LR offered 2 systems vacuum or air brakes, so the tank would be a reservior for the vac/air system so the trailer brakes would work without any delay.

Some utility company vehicles have coupled brakes for max trailer weights upto 4 tonnes, [a UK legal requirement. ]LR offered 2 systems vacuum or air brakes, so the tank would be a reservior for the vac/air system so the trailer brakes would work without any delay.

Have you got any info on how they work? system layout?

what presure the tank takes........

can it be converted?

many thanks

Lawrence

No more info on these at present, EB has the kit [not in use] on his 110, perhaps he would trace the pipes & do a rough guide of the layout.

Many thanks,

will try to trace it with photos when camara flash is fixed (Or get another digi)

need to look into what is the best drive train to achieve 70/80 crusing reasonable(better) consumption.

retaining(or increasing) power for towing... I dont understand a lot about box/dif numbers or where to find them. Used to work on them 35 yrs ago but forgot it all...... I'm now classed as a thicko.

So any explanatry advice very welcome.

TIA

Lawrence

Whats the yellow thingy pointing to mars?

That Yellow thing is a extenable radio antenna mast.

SWEB's old colour was a orangey/red, when it became Western Power Distribution the vehilces changed to white with black on green logo's/titles.

you can see the original colour around the rh headlight :i-m_so_happy:

Edited by western

• 1 month later...