Drop arm ball joint top cup removal???

Hi folks, Im having a bit of trouble and im a bit confused. Im in the process of replacing my drop arm ball joint. Ive now come to a halt as i cant get the top cup (i believe) to come out. Which way should it be extracted?? Ive followed the process in the tech archive on this forum... but mine seems to look different from others ive seen. Its a 300tdi defender. I am led to believe that it should be pushed downwards out of the drop arm, but i cant see how this would happen with the lip that is around the top of the cup. Heres a pic.. Thanks in advance

Top cup

just did mine and could not get it out... it has to go down (the cup is inside and only has a tiny overlap you can barely feel it.. before you try to press it out with a clamp clean it out with a screwdriver so the lip is clean...

in the end i could not get mind out and just replaced everything else and greased it up.... seems fine so far touch wood

Hi souster

I have a 300 tdi defender 1995 & mine is the same as yours I did mine last month & it went ok. I had a bit of a problem putting the new Collier in. I used a wizard with a small grinder inside the drop arm then it went in ok. don't grind it to much do a bit & try it if it wont go repeat un till it dos. & I did it still at ached to the land rover I followed this.have look at the link below

Ihope this helps

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=14338