Wheel wobble

Hi

When I purchased by Def 110 i noticed tyre wear on the front outside edge on the passenger side only. Checked for 12 - 6 oclock movement on the wheel which there was. I stripped it down to the bearing, which seemed loose, i tightened the lock nuts up, no more movement. But now I get steering wheel wobble at about 50 - 60mph. I know there are a lot of archive posts on wheel wobble, just thought there may be a specific answer. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Mick

have you checked the tracking and wheel balance ? I'd swap the wheels front to back as a first test.

Then look at the swivel preload and the steering damper.

How are the bearings of the other wheels?

Hi

When I purchased by Def 110 i noticed tyre wear on the front outside edge on the passenger side only. Checked for 12 - 6 oclock movement on the wheel which there was. I stripped it down to the bearing, which seemed loose, i tightened the lock nuts up, no more movement. But now I get steering wheel wobble at about 50 - 60mph. I know there are a lot of archive posts on wheel wobble, just thought there may be a specific answer. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Mick

Wear on the outside edge of the front passenger tyre is normally due to roundabouts.

Slack wheel bearings would tend to induce more negative camber, which if anything, would cause the inside shoulder to wear. Just trying to say that the shoulder wear is probably a bit of a Red Herring IMO.

Mark.

I know there are a lot of archive posts on wheel wobble, just thought there may be a specific answer.

That's because there are lots of possible causes! 99% of the things to check are here, all in one easy list. Just be logical and thorough.