Carling switch question

dirtydiesel

Does anyone know whether the illumination on the rocker switch is independant of the action of the switch?

Don't know if i've worded that correctly?

I want to use 2 carling switched to activate my difflocks, but i want the light to illuminate when the locker is actually engaged (i have a seperate "engaged" switch on the axle for this), not just when i've pressed the switch

Dan, I think they are wired internally for the 'on' indicator.

You could use the dash illumiation fed from the axle sensor if you wanted, but you would then lose the ability for the switch to be illuminated with the dash lights.

hth

Mark

Use your sensor on your diff to earth the orange LED and it should be ok.

G

Edit : looking at that above picture, i'm sure the arb carling switches have less terminals ?

I don't have a switch with me at the moment, but looking at http://www.devon4x4.com/index2.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_view&gid=1&Itemid=99999999

Pins 7 + 8 are earth. This'll be for the lighting.

Possibly try and see if one is the earth for the green light and the other for the orange ??? Like i said, i don't know if this is the case as i can't test one atm.

Why don't you use air toggle valves instead of solenoids ? More reliable than 12v solenoids in my opinion. Then just wire in a bulb to show you locked.

Regards

Gordon

Thank to all who replied, if decided to use toggle switches and separate warning lights now

Why don't you use air toggle valves instead of solenoids ? More reliable than 12v solenoids in my opinion. Then just wire in a bulb to show you locked.

No air here, mine are toyota E-lockers.