Which GPS

jules

Used a basic 128 for years and almost sorry I sold it as the icons were nice and big to read with my ailing short distance sight.

Using a 172 now which has more features and smaller icons so have now learned how to drive in the desert wearing reading glasses. Great advantage is the chip that can be removed to download stuff, and if OS maps are available for Garmin then that sounds like another reason to move in that direction and get one with a chip.

My attitude is that in the UK you don't need a GPS but as everyone has them and we have all forgotten how to read maps so I feel this is the way I need to go.

I found the best and most expensive navigation aid on the planet... complicated to set up..expensive to run..bloody annoying at times.. impossible to turn off..It's called SWMBO and a map :D

I found the best and most expensive navigation aid on the planet... complicated to set up..expensive to run..bloody annoying at times.. impossible to turn off..It's called SWMBO and a map :D

I know that feeling. :blink:

I used a mates RR to go to my sisters Wedding in C/London and used the sat nav all my wife did on the way there was dissagree with it and argue with it.

on the way home (when she was Mildly miffed) I had to piont out she didn't know London at all and to hurry up and pass out as it was 3am :unsure:

I found the best

I would have to disagree there. Mine hates it, cannot tell right from left, looses her place on the map, shouts and gets cross and, most importantly, she does not read what I post on the LR4x4 forum. :)

most expensive navigation aid on the planet... complicated to set up..expensive to run..bloody annoying at times.. impossible to turn off..

Have to agree there though. :)

Chris