Injector Cleaning?

Hi All,

Does anyone know of an efficient way of cleaning diesel injectors? I have looked at getting reconditioned units but wanted to see if I could clean up the originals first.

Thank you in advance!

Robin

depends which injectors? on my older CAV ones from a 2.5NA its easier and cheaper to replace the actual injector nozzle part itself that sits inside the injector holder. You can split the CAV bodies without affecting the spring cracking pressure. I do however have access to an injector tester to test them set them up again if needed but they have been fine and still 'broke' at 135bar with new internals.

Otherwise its a dunk in an ultrasonic bath for awhile.

You must be more specific on the engine & injector type... e.g. I have had mine (200Tdi ones) tested at the Bosch Diesel Center. The check and recon if needed. Opening pressure should be 200bar but mine (all four) at 185bar are still OK according to them. 300.000 km.

Cheers

Marco