Painting Galved Chassis (Visible Bits)

Gents,

I missed the boat with completely priming then painting the galv chassis on my 90 before I started putting the project back together.

Since realising galvanic salts and the like occur I am in the process of hitting all the underside with the hammerite waxoyle paintable jobbie to protect from the salt/winter (and put off any potential thieving gits). However, I would like the visible bit of the rear crossmember in a nicer finish so its more pleasing to the ey (oooohhhh! :D ).

Anyone know of any off the shelf spray primers and topcoats that would do the job and be tough/durable enough not to chip off too easy?

Cheers

G

Good question as Ive just had a galv chassis fitted. Is the galv vulnerable to our weather conditions?

Id like to hide the visible galv from gypsies.

Ive been told that POR-15 sticks to galv. Think it was originally a water tank sealant. You can also get POR-15 Metal Ready, a product that prepares the galv surface prior to application. here

My galv bulkhead was treated with T-wash prior to being etch primed and then sprayed with paint.

Hope to see other suggestions

I was considering this stuff as a one shot solution, no etch priming of t washing required:

Galvo paint

Other special metal paints here:

Galvo treatments & paint

Thanks for the replies gents, I have ordered up the paint listed by foggy(I have a q of family members now wanting to use it to paint their towbars etc :rolleyes: ) I might charge them for the privelidge!

I will let you know the results and possibly post some piccies when finished.

Cheers

G :)

Thanks for the replies gents, I have ordered up the paint listed by foggy(I have a q of family members now wanting to use it to paint their towbars etc :rolleyes: ) I might charge them for the privelidge!

I will let you know the results and possibly post some piccies when finished.

Cheers

G :)

Its funny how that happens!

I mentioned I was going to order some straight-on-to-Glavo paint and people came out of the wood work with Galvo they want painting! To start with, the 'old's' new garden railings!

Still with 5 litres I should have some to spare! :D

Ordering some of it tonight too.