2.4 VM

welling4x4

I have a thing ?? which is part of the fuel pump system which has water flowing through it. Any Idea what it is OR what it does ?? as the rubber pipe fitted to it has broken NOT the rubber part BUT the part that joins the pipe to what ever it is. Still Not sure what it is What it dooes or if it,s really needed ?sad.gif

I presume it is the cold start device that you are talking about. Increases the idle speed when the engine is cold. A pipe out of cyl No 3 through the device and a pipe to just behind the thermostat. The device has a lever linking it to the side of the injection pump.

If the cold start is not there depending on ambient temp and condition of the engine it will run very rough and probably keep stalling so keep it. If yours is broken find a Rover 825 d , chrysler voyager (early 90s) or Jeep I think they are all the same.

I presume it is the cold start device that you are talking about. Increases the idle speed when the engine is cold. A pipe out of cyl No 3 through the device and a pipe to just behind the thermostat. The device has a lever linking it to the side of the injection pump.

If the cold start is not there depending on ambient temp and condition of the engine it will run very rough and probably keep stalling so keep it. If yours is broken find a Rover 825 d , chrysler voyager (early 90s) or Jeep I think they are all the same.

Big Thank you. it,s broke by the part where the rubber pipe joins on to the metal cold start. any Idea of cost for 1 of these thing,s ???????wink.gif