New members S111

StuntmanAd

Redneck thing? Little gain?

Guess I should go back to standard than :ph34r: .

I said unnecessary lift/SOA: On standard Series axles there is very little point in that sort of mod as you can fit big enough tyres in the available space to exceed the strength of the axles without even fitting longer shackles. Sure a bit more clearance under the chassis & a bit more flex is helpful, but most of the time in a standard Series you're getting hung up on the diff/axle and lift doesn't help with that.

It's all a tradeoff and there are no right or wrong answers, depends on what you want.

• 1 month later...

Yer I fitted the lift shackles with no other modifications, the only reason I needed them was my tyres were rubbing on the rear arches even when cornering on road! I seem to be eating the front prop though so will be looking in to wide angle props. I want to lower my front spring hangers (like the military type which the shackles are off) and go for parabolics with extended shocks so modified props are on the way :)

I made a side exit exhaust the other day with no silencers and turned up the pump and turbo :)

DSC00097.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to mention the rear diff problem was the half shaft snapping... Got that fixxed before I painted it, bust something in the front one now so will be looking at that thsi weekend.

Got a pretty nippy car too enjoy on the road so not to fussed about the Landys lack of speed guys :P