Water coming out of bell housing wading plug??

Hi there,

I recently took out my wading plugs after doing bala 4x4 last sunday in a standard 90. I was shocked when a cup full of water came out of my bell housing wading plug. I thought the wading plug should have prevented water getting in here.. so could it of get in somewhere else?? Will this have done any damage to the internals, as i have never had water come out of there before and Is there any precautions i need to make before wading in the future. After all it was below 500mm!! Many thanks, Josh

TBH if you leave it in and don't go anywhere at all, the expansion & contraction of the bellhousing with temperature will draw air in and condensation will collect.

A breather in the top of the bellhousing helps keep it dry as when you hit/splash cold water on the hot bellhousing it can take a big gulp of air through the breather rather than suck in water past seals/joints.

Here's mine (minus several feet of nylon tube to raise it up to head height):

web_IMG_0113.JPG

And a push-fit wading plug instead of needing spanners:

web_IMG_0115.JPG