MS - Where to start???????

jonost24

AH HA Mr Fridge - I may still be right :rofl: - prob not :(

I would suggest some very carefull measuring and comparisons,

I am sure that when I MS'd the Eales and moved from the ludicrously expensive Jag Injectors

(same as RR but more flow) that I didn't use the Flapper Inlet, but thought the reason why was what

I posted, memory aint what is was you know :P

Nige

Injectors never seem a very tight fit, as long as they seal in the hole they're OK. I often end up pushing them too far in and then have to pull them back out of the hole to meet the fuel rail :ph34r: it may be easier to fix them to the fuel rail & clip in and then drop the whole assembly onto the manifold & bolt down.

Well, last night fitted the fuel rail & injectors into the 3.5 manifold. Feels good.

Once the injectors are clipped into the rail, the injector length makes for a good fit

into the manifold. I think I originally had the injectors too far in.

Another small piece of the jigsaw done :)

Thanks Nige,

Some do state they're silicon based, some don't.

This one on ebay specifies a part no Hylomar Universal Blue Gasket Sealant Part number reference is RTC 3347.

This is a non-setting type.

When I took the plenum & trumpet base off, the sealer appeared to have "cured" to a silicon sealer texture,

although this was a flapper, so no lambda.

Some modern and car-specific silicones are marked "sensor safe", these are OK but the rest are to be avoided. Loctite do some black stuff (I forget the number) which is pretty damn good for most jobs.

I think non-setting stuff would get sucked out of the gap, I've heard of it happening.