Birthday Bash 2006

Tony - not sure about your anchor point on yours!

Dan - you were right it did lean a bit on that punch, good photo that one, should have had it with Tony stood where Les is though!!!!

Glad the punches were 'suitable' for all, still quite a few no one got though - oh yeah the idea of tape is to direct you on set routes between punches, your not meant to break it where you think an entry/exit piont would be useful then retie it to leave a permenant entry/exit point!!!!!!

Tony you were right we didnt have to worry about giving out extra cards.

Well worked Russell and Lewis' team good result.

Steve and Chris thanks for your help marshalling and setting up.

Mo - thanks for the ride around on sat, sorry to hear about the track rod, when did that give up then? did you get back OK? Stu - nothing to say other than sorry...... (door + sill (pugwashes fault), wing, headlight surround and track rod....(my fault). Hope the weekend was still enjoyable.

Big Si - you never called in for that PAS lid!

if anyone is interested Tony and I will be running another event in Oct, Thread to follow.

Next CSW event 3 Sep - Uplowman (6 miles South of Bampton site (roughly)

Tony and Val, Cheers for a cracking weekend and excellent Bar-BQ

James, Chris and all setter outers........ well done, cracking event!

Val, magnificent spread!

Tony, top bloke for letting me trash your field entrance!

Tim (TJ101) and Victor, great to team up with you, well done on only your second event.

Next time it may help if Victor takes some glasses!

Well done the Zuki boys, site and punches were well suited to small nimble machines (my sticky out tyres made some bits a little tight!).

Dan and I had a great time even though learnt how much of a kick you can get from the ignition coil, wet glove and punch card close to coil mounted on inside of bulkhead, “s**t! Piggy bit me!”

Roll on 2007!

Morning all,

What a fun week-end that was, eh ?

Tony and Val, thanks very much :)

James old man, many thanks for the co-driving, you were superb ! Top chap !

Jim (Pugwash) did a great job, his size belies his ability to put his monkey-like agility to effective use! ...Possibly ;) Cheers Jim

Mark90, cheers for the track rod mate and to Nikki for the tea :)

The damage that we got was minor, we even hammered out Stu's door whilst waiting for recovery :) Nothing more chequer plate won't hide :)

What happened with my track rod ? Well I'd stopped to put another litre of oil in the transfer box and ring the head of the household when I noticed that the front wheels were pointing outwards - ah!

Track rod had a nasty kink at the end where my reinforcement ended. :(

Will arrived to offer assistance and manned the brakes whilst we tried to pull it straight with the winch, to no avail and at this point Chris and Jenny, Les and Mark and Nikki pulled up to help.

Well, the upshot of it all was that in the process of being straightened the tow jaws of a NATO hitch the rod broke.

The recovery people were snowed under and couldn't spare anyone to recover me home that day (about 200 miles) and offered me a courtesy car and to recover the landy to storage at their depot until Monday or Tuesday when they could get it home. However a recovery to Nailsea to Mark90's house was possible as it was a short run and there I could get a replacement track rod.

So, thanks to Mark, I was able to drive home, getting home at about 9pm after a crawl along the M4 from Reading to the M25 and a detour around the north circular to avoid an immobile M25.

All's well that ends well :)

Mo

Mo - sorry to hear about the track rod, i guess the same punch (11) that did Stus? maybe i will stick with my full axle gaurd a little longer. i guess Will W pointed out he had just sold me track rod protector complete with Track rod!!!! that may be for sale again now depending on decision to keep or ditch the current one????

Thanks from this end to all involved in the organisation of the event, some excellent setting out I thought. Several punches looked impossible for a Range-Rover but proved not to be.

I thought the Bishtail performed superbly, even with Bish and his light foot driving ;)

I told you we could have won it chaps ;)

Will :)

RESULTS

----------------------

1st Team seven

2nd Team one

3rd Team four

4th Team two

5th Team six

6th Team zero

=7th Team three

=7th Team five

9th Team nine

10th Team ten

----------------------

TEAMS

Team 0- White90-Les Henson/DSN-sticky

Team 1- BishBosh-Exmoor Beast/Mark90-V8Camel

Team 2- TJ101-Mark Savage/Paul Wightman-Dan

Team 3- Dunster hybrid-Rob the bob/Recca

Team 4- Tangoman-Les Brock/Adrian Turner digger90

Team 5- Julian/Dave

Team 6- Mo Murphy/Stuart Welland

Team 7- RJL/Lewis

Team 9- SimonR-Rocker/Treebloke-Dawn

team 10-Rob hybrid-Will Warne/Turbocharger/MiniTurbo

my money is on team 7 or team 4

Mmm,, did you know something we all didn't ! :unsure: bar from set the punches out that is !!! :P

Good call James, 1st and 3rd, shame Bish/Mark upset your calculations !!! :P

well done guys !!!

Just got back home and found the muddy laundry from the event- god it stank!

Anyway Tony- happy birthday mate- what a great bash. Thanks to you, Val and all of yours for the food and stuff.

James- i'm filing for sexual harrasmant after you got your knob all over the place. Frankly i don't know if i can stomach seeing that all over again! Thanks for your patience- anther 50 weekends or so like that and i might start to speed up a little!

Mo and Stu- great to meet you guys. Stu thanks for the lift around the site- really hope the damage isn't too hard to fix- the exhaust sounds better bent down anyway (not sure about the rest of the cosmetic damage mind)- hope to see you again some time.

looking forward to the next meet already!

Just got back home and found the muddy laundry from the event- god it stank!

It took 3 days to remember to wash it...... bloody hell. thats bad

Frankly i don't know if i can stomach seeing that all over again!

Would have though you would be the only one with a stomach suitable for anything...

:D

Tony

Thanks for a great event. Sorry we didn't make it for the beer. I of these days the suzukis will complete a full event without breaking. Julian did a CV and my modified front suspension isn't modified enough yet. Can i say thank you to ??? (Sorry forgoten your name) for helping out in the morning, I didn't have a winch b***h. Nect time i will try and remember boots! B)

Tony

Thanks for a great event. Sorry we didn't make it for the beer. I of these days the suzukis will complete a full event without breaking. Julian did a CV and my modified front suspension isn't modified enough yet. Can i say thank you to ??? (Sorry forgoten your name) for helping out in the morning, I didn't have a winch b***h. Nect time i will try and remember boots! B)

Paul

i enjoyed it, different to see how its done in a suzuki.