Spill Return Pipe

Help.

i'm in the process of chaging the spill return fuel pipe. Easy job i thought. 15 min job. Not so. I've got a new return pipe (page 237 Parts book) the end right at the bottom has a banjo and bent soild pipe.

picture here.

where the shiny new pipe connects to the plastic fuel pipe theres a connector that requires a new olive. Rather like the ones you use in plumbing but smaller. Where can i get one today? any ideas ?

Not really a parts request but if you know the part number it would help. I more need to know if i can get one from B&Q and what size it is. Would a motor factors sell them and what do i ask for ?

Could it be a page 542 NRC9771 8mm olive ? would they sell them at a plumbers ?

post-19188-128187034844_thumb.jpg

decided to use half the old part and replaced the entire flexible part from the new one (the flexy parts were almost knackered). I'll order some olives to make the old part a spare for the trip and get some spare fuel hose. Any idea where i can get the braided fabric covered hose used on the spills?

thanks. wish i'd just got some hose now and not bothered with a new spill. oh well it was cheaper than the one in your link,,,live and learn.

Could have sworn I recommended just that in your other thread ;)

As Ralph says, any motor factors should be able to match you up some hose. 1/8" ID (3.2mm) on my 200Tdi. Can be had on eBay too.

Yes i see what you meant now. I did take note and it was only after looking back that i thought i'd give it a try based on your advice.

I'd already ordered the part and didn't think they would just pull off !!! :o

Who'd have thought pulling off would be so easy....LMAO.

Thanks both for the advice. Its done..Water Pump and P Gasket also done. Not a bad day all told.