Disco windows?

moose

morning all,

All the disco's i have had the window switches all ways seen to work differently to how you would think they would. ie you press the top of the rocker button to lower and not the bottom.

with my current truck (96 300tdi poverty spec) the rear windows haven't work since i obtained it, so I replaced the window ecu due to the dry joint solder problem. Now the rear windows work but the button operation is different to the front windows (ie you press the bottom of the rocker to lower the window).

The switches are keyed with the plug so it not like i have put the plug on upside down.

SO is it normal for the front window switches to operate in a different direction to the rear?

guess quickest solution this would be just turn the switch upside down :)

If it helps my Td5 is the 'correct' way round - i.e. press the bottom of the switch to lower. Plus the front and rear switches are in the alternative places, i.e. the front windows are the lower switches.

Just turn and move the switches around until you're happy and stop moaning.

Not quite a neighbour, I live on the posh side of the forest, Moose lives on cheap side ;) he does work about 2 miles away though...

How very dare you... just cos my locals like the pup in shameless and yours is like the one on the moors in American warewolf in London :P

ok i will quit moaning and move the front switches round not all that bothered, but every disco i have been in the windows seen to work in a different way.. well on to more important things like hot gluing metal back into the body :D

• 1 month later...
just cos my locals like the pup in shameless and yours is like the one on the moors in American warewolf in London

even though the opening sequence was filmed on Hay Bluff and around Capel Y Fin......

but anyway, moine work by pushing the bottom of the switch to lower...