Whats up around Cambridge - Harwich

greenstream

Hi

The wife and I are comeing over this friday, to pick up a Discovery in Cambridge :D

We have from friday afternoon untill saturday afternoon.

Any suggestions were to go or what to see ?

Maybe one of you guys know of a great traditional pub, that can provide us with a nice meal, some pints and a bed for the night, in this area ?

Well it doesn have to be LR-related.

Cheers

Morten

Pinmill , east of Ipswich - great pub and good riverside walk . Peddars way is legally driveable in places -Thetford area. Going to Harwich on the south river side road out of Manningtree is a nice run , plenty of nice pubs too . Constable country -Flatford /E. Bergholt is close by too. Sutton Hoo on the Bawdsey road out of Woodbridge is worth a look .

Wildtracks just outside Newmarket has a fairly gentle paynplay course I believe :)

cheers

Steveb

Pinmill , east of Ipswich - great pub and good riverside walk .

Right now I'm only a couple of miles from Pinmill (visiting the parents), definitely worth a visit. There's plenty going on at the moment on the river to watch.

Rather than using the A120 in/out of Harwich, the B1352 will show you some nice countryside and the odd decent view out across the Stour. It's easy to pick up the A12 at East Bergholt, via Manningtree.

Also, Ipswich docks has had a lot of development, if you fancy quay-side bars, cafes etc.

All-in-all, if you like boats and/or country side, there's plenty around here!

Luke

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

We had a great trip over, and I'm very pleased with the car.

We just led the GPS guide us, but choose the "of the high way"-button. Saw some nice countryside and villages.

Went through Manningtree and it was a nice drive out of town towards Harwich !

Think we stayed at a pub i Clare, called The Bells, it was OK, but I could have fancied some more speciel beers and a more lokal food, but the wife was a little tired, so we had to settle in.

Thanks for the info.

Cheers

Morten