110 Hart Top side wall protection

--defender--

Hi,

I've a new 110 Hard Top that I'd like to protect the side walls from internal damage. I'd also like to mount some lugs to mount some strops to tie equipments agains the walls etc. I've been looking at alloy (3mm 5-bar) & plated steel sheet metal. Has anyone done this? What's the lightest & cheapest material to use (not wood)?

Cheers!

Hi,

I've a new 110 Hard Top that I'd like to protect the side walls from internal damage. I'd also like to mount some lugs to mount some strops to tie equipments agains the walls etc. I've been looking at alloy (3mm 5-bar) & plated steel sheet metal. Has anyone done this? What's the lightest & cheapest material to use (not wood)?

Cheers!

Cheapest and lightest is plywood :)

But as you don't want wood, Stockboard is probably your best option.

"Stockboard is a high quality low density polyethylene board. It is tough, durable, highly resistant to chemicals, rot proof, non toxic and chew resistant. It is also steam cleanable, non absorbent and maintenance free as it does not require painting. Its high quality texturised surface does not show scuff marks.

This product has been used in a wide range of applications, including:

Stable wall lining, horse box and trailer lining, horse exercisers, van and lorry lining, feeders, divisions, wall and house lining, piglet creeps and flooring, pallet separators, poultry house lining, barn egg houses, rearing houses, fattening pen divisions, gates, pig huts, farrowing pens, pig feeders, cubicle house barriers, calf pens, mangers, milking parlours, american barn divisions, deer penning, ostrich penning, pheasant rearing houses, mink boxes, sheep winter housing, rebound boards, golf range divisions, go kart barriers, ice skating rinks, tunnel packings, packaging sheets and soil retention"

Available from lots of places, here's an example -

http://www.heskethsplastics.com/recycled.html

Why not wood out of interest? It would be far and away the cheapest way, and its tried and tested?

Alternatively the thin sheet (ali i think) with lots of tiny holes in could work well.

Whats going in the back to protect from?

If all else fails, theres always chequerplate:P

Cheapest and lightest would be polystyrene, but I doubt that's what you're looking for. From the question, it sounds like you're planning an Oceans Eleven bankjob!

Seriously, I'd look again at plywood, there's a reason everyone else uses it.

Yes I've thought about this and not out-ruled it totally, it's cheap, available and I guess if you use marine ply would be quite stable and not soak up moisture?