Rock Sliders for 110 SW

I think the time has come to fit some rock sliders to my '02 110 CSW - the sills look like they've been chewed and I narrowly missed damage to a door the other weekend. Can anyone advise whether the sliders Paddocks sell are of reasonable quality and an easy fit? I'd be interested in other recommendations also, but I'm not keen on paying much more!

The sliders I've looked at are here:

http://www.paddockspares.com/pp/OFF_ROAD/Protection/Rock_Sliders_%28pair%29_-_Defender_110_-_Galvanised.html

Many thanks,

Phil.

Thanks for the replies, and the pictures. It is unhelpful of Paddocks not to include a photo of the product. I was hoping to find someone who'd bought and fitted these. Anyway, I'll call 4x4 Store (the website is indeed useless, Will!).

Making my own isn't an option; I don't have the skills or the time. So, are there any other recommendations?

While I'm on, a question for you, Will. Did you have to cut back the wheelarch trims to fit your sliders?

Thanks again,

Phil.

Whatever you do, do NOT get the SafariEquip ones, aside from the horrible service, they don't come with any brackets to mount them to the outriggers which means having to make those yourself, they seem to want you to just drill them into the ends of the outriggers, a mount that provides about 20lbs of force resistance.

Thanks for the tip, that's helpful feedback, although I'm slightly puzzled.

I've only seen one basic design which seems to be common to various suppliers, and requires drilling the ends of the outriggers to fix the middle and rear points.

Can you point me to a supplier selling a different design using brackets?

Many thanks,

Phil.

Wish I could, over there at least, I know ECR in the US does good ones. Being so far away it's a bit of a pain to investigate these things, I'll be fabricating 1/4" wrap-around brackets myself to get mine to fit correctly, the only thing they're good for at the moment is pulling myself up after working under the vehicle, and even then they shift around. Why anyone would think that was a satisfactory design I simple cannot comprehend.

You would probably be fine even just cutting the end off the outrigger and then welding in a heavier end L-bracket or similar. I'm going to have a chat with Alistair at Richards about this, the real solution is to just have them beef up the outriggers appropriately, I've always thought they should just make or partner with someone to provide a good solid slider solution.