Southampton area greenlanning

Tom-B

Hi, I am currentley at Southampton Uni and have my defender with me for the last few weeks of term. Was wondering if there any lanes around this area and if there were any trips onto the plains planned soon. Dont particulary fancy going up there with just one vehicle and no real idea of where i can or cant be.

Cheers

Thanks for that. Ill try and get along to that one! Does anyone know how damaging the venue is as i will have to drive it home to south devon on the following tuesday? I guess is as damaging as you make it?

Also what do people recomend for front recovery points. Do jate rings simply bolt through the tie down points on the front?

Cheers

Bunny lane is very open, large and with few trees so well suited to shinies. That said be carefull of some of the climbs, there's a few have managed to roll on them. Oh and when its wet there is plenty of water so snorkel might be handy but you don't have to go in the deep bits.

Chalkie is right , SAD is another local club worth getting in touch with I just happen to be more familiar with shires (as are more than a few on here).

Have fun

Just to clarify, you can join Shires at any time but you're not allowed to play if you don't have a membership card. If you join now you should have your card in plenty of time for Bunny Lane.

We're hoping it will cut down on the nutters who join on the day, treat it like a pay-and-play and are never seen again <_< so far it seems to be working.

One of our members (James Morfee) is at Southampton, you might have seen his Zebra "creation" or his Disco (running bio-diesel).