Bosch Intake manifold into Hotwire engine tps Problem

94Discovery

Hello Guys

As the title says yes i am installing a Bosch intake manifold into my NAS 94 discovery and i hit a small bump with the TPS the value of the hot-wire TPS is 4000 ohm to 6000 ohm the new Bosch is 2600 ohm .

My question is ther in the market tps with different values?

if i build my tps from a potentiometer will it last if i water proof it ?any body tried this .

ok why i am installing a newer manifold because i am looking into fuel economies and more hp and torque at lower rpm .in addition to headers ,i already installed a ford Taurus fan twin speed controlled with a sensor and changed the Lucas fuel injectors to the new Bosch stile with 4 heads for better atomization and already noticed the improvement .

http://picasaweb.google.ca/data/feed/base/user/najman100/albumid/5511999987859443969?alt=rss&kind=photo&hl=en_US

Some pics would help :)

What is the manifold off that you are thinking of fitting ?

With MS the range is calibrated, without checking I am unsure if a differing range is that big a deal ?

Prob one for Mr Fridge who I am sure will be along soon .....

Nige

clic on the link for the pics ,it is from a RR 01 ,this is the first step MS is still in study because i want to keep it as Daily driver and weekend fun /expedition .

Thanks

Some pics would help :)

What is the manifold off that you are thinking of fitting ?

With MS the range is calibrated, without checking I am unsure if a differing range is that big a deal ?

Prob one for Mr Fridge who I am sure will be along soon .....

Nige

well after discussing this with a friend ,the TPS acts as a voltage divider so even with a different value the output for the ecu will stay the same because my source is 5 volts ,between the original tps that is 4000to 6000 ohms and the new Bosch 2650 ohm is the steps in the 4to6k ohm have more steps than 2.65kohm .

He means a Thor inlet manifold. Yes they do give a bit more bottom end torque.

As long as the potentiometer has the same curve (most are linear or logarithmic) as the old one and the calibration (throttle closed reading) is the same then you are correct that it doesn't matter if the overall value is a bit different as the voltage output will be the same.

For those wondering what I'm on about, if both have the same curve then at half travel, one will be 2000/4000ths of 5v = 2.5v, the other will be 3000/6000ths of 5v = 2.5v again.