Safety Devices

need4speed

Been trying to get some info on the part internal/part external safety devices cage. Its for a 110 van and is designated RBL123 6SSS. Been trying to find suppliers / prices etc but cant find anyone including a price..

Does anyone have any info on this?

Cheers

Phil

Yes. On the websites you are looking at you will see a long string of 10-12 digits, looking similar to this '01638 560524'. Using a telephone, carefully dial in the digits in the order shown, wait till someone speaks the other and and ask the respondant for the price of the parts you need. rolleyes.gif

Chris

Yes. On the websites you are looking at you will see a long string of 10-12 digits, looking similar to this '01638 560524'. Using a telephone, carefully dial in the digits in the order shown, wait till someone speaks the other and and ask the respondant for the price of the parts you need. rolleyes.gif

Chris

You Hi Tech Nerds are such showoffs :D:D:D

Lara

Chris

Chris, if it was sarcasm i was after id have joined ORRP.... Ive been round here long enough to know how it works... I wasnt looking for forum members to do my donkey-work, i just wanted to know the opinions of people on here (who may have the same cage) before i phoned round to be subjected to all the sales blurb :angry:

Thanks for the last 2 on-topic comments guys. Info taken on board.

No i havent called P&P or any others as yet. I just saw the safety devices part-external/part-internal cage they do and really liked it. Just wondered if anyone on here had already fitted one and what it cost. Thanks again for the pointers.

Phil

Devon4x4 haven't dealt with SD for years apparently, I was after some SD brackets for mine a while back and asked Simon if he could get them.

There are lots of back street blacksmiths who can make cages. Just download the tube spec and bracketry details from the ARC regs, take them some photos and drawings to work from and get some prices. Might be worth going to an AWDC trial locally and asking where people got their cages made. Most old school triallers seem to be pretty much home built so you may find someone who will do it for beermoney.

My internal/external cage cost me £680 all in at a backstreet blacksmith, its similar to the SD Camel Cages with 3 internal hoops and the external front hoop. My external bars go right to the back rather than just to the B pillar hoop as the SD ones do. It could have been done a lot neater and stronger but as I wasn't wanting to do hillrallies or anything fast with it I am happy enough.

Will :)