Howling wolf round 3 - 12th September

markyb

Rob look at you with the push lazor cutter.

nice jimny , look forward to seeing that at round 4 , right wheres that hydro steer or fiddle brakes to get in class 1

Just take your screen out, that will be enough to make you class 1.

I think you'll find that the only things that would make you class 1 are...

- Full Hyrdo steer

- Rear Steer

screen or fiddle brakes makes no odds... fiddles are allowed in any class... and if you have no screen you must have mesh, in any class...

The only other thing that would make you class 1, is if they decide your truck looks more menacing than the others in your class... then they'll just chuck you in class 1 anyway... we'll that's what happened to us at Walters Arena a few years ago... :rolleyes:

Rob....

I was told last year after some one brought it to the attention of the scruitneers when I was running no screen that it wasn't allowed in class 2, you had to have a windscreen.......

So I had to fit one for the next event.....

Dan

Class Eligibility Regs

Class 1: Unlimited Modifications. Vehicles may be equipped with any combination of winch AND diff locks. A mechanical link is not required between the steering wheel and the steered wheels.

Class 2: Modified. Vehicles may be equipped with one or more of the following: Multiple Winches, Front and/or rear diff locks. Vehicles must be fitted with a windscreen. Four Wheel steering is not permitted.

Class 3: Limited Modifications. Vehicles may be equipped with one winch. Traction aids may only be used if original factory fitted equipment. Vehicles must be fitted with a windscreen. Four Wheel steering is not permitted.

Technical Regs

19. WINDSCREENS AND SIDESCREENS

If fitted to have windscreens of either laminated glass or plastic, of a minimum thickness of 4mm. Plastic sidescreens,

where fitted, should also have a minimum thickness of 4mm unless fitted otherwise by the original manufacturer. If a

windscreen is not fitted a steel mesh screen must be fitted in its place.

Definitely not on the same page, nor even in the same document :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

To answer Treebloke's question - there will not be a catering van on site at this event.

The tube Jimny will be class 3 for the time being... mid mounted GP84, 12v running with 24v shoved through it... Yota 70 axles, 3 linked front / rear, 37" creepey crawlers, 6.6.1 T-case.

We'll run it like that until the end of next year whilst we build/compete in the new racer... and then the Jimny will get lockers, Hydro steer, quad-cam V6 and airshocks ect... then it'll be class 1...

The tube Jimny will be class 3 for the time being... mid mounted GP84, 12v running with 24v shoved through it... Yota 70 axles, 3 linked front / rear, 37" creepey crawlers, 6.6.1 T-case.

We'll run it like that until the end of next year whilst we build/compete in the new racer... and then the Jimny will get lockers, Hydro steer, quad-cam V6 and airshocks ect... then it'll be class 1...

nice 1 i can see what the standard is then for nxt year :ph34r: best get cracking on my new truck then