Off to look at a TD5 90 - pointers?

Well here he is.....

392055276.jpg

392055347.jpg

So far the new spanky seatcovers are on and fitted; some side bars so SWMBO can get in easier (the original side steps are now off); work lamp for SWMBO's dobbin box for hitching and a beepy rev light :P Next job will be to organise for the rear window tint to be removed. It's so dark you cannot see out at night LOL but probably good for the 'gansta' riding in the back? Rear sliding windows going in next week.

Problems found (after a bottle of Redex + a tank of fresh dieso + 100 miles or so). Only ones found are the front steering damper bush has gone and I need to check the turbo wastegate actuator as it seems a bit rough at higher revs. Maybe it just needs a few more miles to loosen off? Slight weep from the rear axle pinion seal where the prop enters but it's b-all so I won't worry about that.

:D

PS- EGR removal kit/K&N filter and 'CAT' removal scheduled for a few weeks time after I get back from a business trip. That leaves a bit of time for any other poss problems to emerge?

Problems found (after a bottle of Redex + a tank of fresh dieso + 100 miles or so). Only ones found are the front steering damper bush has gone and I need to check the turbo wastegate actuator as it seems a bit rough at higher revs. Maybe it just needs a few more miles to loosen off? Slight weep from the rear axle pinion seal where the prop enters but it's b-all so I won't worry about that.

not to put a downer on it,

but you just spent a significant amount of money at a trader for a nice fairly new defender and they didnt spot / couldnt be bothered to fix a leaking diff and a knackered steering damper bush as part of their pre-sale handover to you? Not only that but there is an 'engine problem' at high revs......

:ph34r:

Stop being 'British' and kick up merry hell with them.