Forum Greenlane Trips

Retroanaconda

Is anyone considering 'not planning' a green-laning/camping trip this year like in previous years?

Keep looking at pictures of magnificent views etc. from lanes in Wales/other places and dreaming :)

I missed last years due to head gasket (or lack of) - I set out and got about ten miles... Only been greenlaning once a couple of years ago and I had a great time so if there is another one I would definitely be up for it.

Roger

IIRC wasn't there one to Strata last year???

Would be interested in doing some soon, not had chance to play with the Disco since i got it - apart from repairing it - and would be good to put the off road bits to good use now that i've got some.

Has South Wales been done???

Would be very pleasant countryside indeed..

The lack of mountains / tight brown lines on the OS maps might reduce the interest for some, but there are a load of nice pubs all over East Anglia...

There is always an opportunity to go to the seaside too ! :)

Neil

Norfolk/Suffolk sounds good to me as I'm based in Ipswich

There are not that many lanes in Suffolk that i know of that are a decent length/close together but I think there are quite a few in Norfolk. (especially around the Thetford forest area which is really nice).

I also agree it would be nice to meet up with people who I have leant lots from in the last few months!

Sam

The lack of any hills in Norfolk does concern me a bit. How about south Wales then, staying south of a line between, say, Brecon and Llandovery? Anyone know many lanes in that area? I have done very little laneing in that area - a few lanes round Abergavenny is about it.

Chris

Norfolk's a long way for me, but obviously that makes it nearer for other people. The scenery can't be as good anywhere that "higher ground" refers to the tops of roundabouts though... :D

I'd happily revisit our trip to Rhayader at Wyeside (Paul's link above). There's room for a good group and we only covered half of what we hoped in two days, so there's plenty left. October would coincide with the open dates for the Gap too, unless Paul knows something I don't?

The lakes would be good for me, although I'd need to know dates before confirming anything.

Thouroughly enjoyed the Derbyshire trip when that was on. I do remember that it needed to include a hotel though as not everyone wants to camp/caravan. In fact 90% of folk stayed in the hotel.