steering box

hi :)

posting this for a friend as he does not have internet access

so here goes he has a 1991 tdi defender with a knackered steering box and he wants to know if he can fit a disco one, i think it will fit but he will have to change the drop arm,but i am sure someone correct me if i am wrong

so i said i would ask someone with more knowledge so here i am.

i hope you can help me

Roy :)

might soon have a spare defender 4 bolt for sale.......very slight weep from the bottom seal but other than that its perfect. I seal kit or one of those fix liquids would sort it out. I'm changing it as i'm off round the world.

A disco one has a different lock to lock as far as i know but will fit as far as i've been told. You might need to change to drop arm though. One of the grown ups will confirm. The quicker disco PAS lock to lock is seen as beneficial by many, retro fitted on a defender.

hi :)

posting this for a friend as he does not have internet access

so here goes he has a 1991 tdi defender with a knackered steering box and he wants to know if he can fit a disco one, i think it will fit but he will have to change the drop arm,but i am sure someone correct me if i am wrong

so i said i would ask someone with more knowledge so here i am.

i hope you can help me

Roy :)

as long as it is the same "bolt" as the one there yes he can

the number of bolts on the top ID the box

3-4-6

4 being the strongest apparently.

Don't fit a a leaking one as it is a total waste of time & ££

I've done exactly this to my 110 earlier this year.

I've fitted a PAS box from our scrapper 300TDi Discovery to the 1989 110. It means you lose the steering damper, you can get a kit to fit a clamp on damper if you feel you need it. To be honest I can't tell the difference without one.

Will :)